The emotions never end: this summer I helped my Brazilian guests in vacation to Castellabate to find their cousins in Italy as their grandfather was born in a little village of Campania , in Cilento region : Castellabate and very young had left for Brazil. Everything was born out of a simple chat during a boat trip and I just got to do this to help these new friends .... the finale was something extraordinary !! So after this great experience , Masaniello Tourist add also this new kind of service !!!
Now i know how intimate and emotional such a journey can be this experience , so if :
- Would you like to see where your family came from? Campania , Basilicata , Calabria , Sicily .... ?
- Do you want to walk the streets and see the church where your grandparents were married?
- Perhaps you want to see the landscapes and taste the foods that your ancestors knew so well.
We will help you find the towns and take you on a personal journey to introduce you to the places and the people who live there.
We can assist with:
- Personal guided tours to your ancestral town, which can include a trip to the vital records office to locate pertinent documents
- Trip planning research and arrangements to help you make the most of your visit to your ancestral town.
- Photography services. Want to see where your family originated but can’t get away? We’ll go there for you! We’ll cast our eyes and look deeply, then write a detailed description to accompany a vibrant assortment of photographs that will give you a real sense of place and an overview of life there today.
Many travelers to Italy have deep roots here that they want to explore. Grandparents or great-grandparents left these time-worn hills to seek opportunity across the sea. We understand the desire and yearning to connect their memories and stories with the places they left behind.
We speak Italian and will translate conversations as you encounter townspeople, possibly even long-lost relatives. We will ascertain opening hours of civic offices and plan visits accordingly. If you’re coming to Italy to discover your heritage, let us help you. We’ve traveled this road ourselves and understand your quest .